So who is Social Venture Partners (SVP)?
SVP is a diverse network of engaged individuals who address community needs through a new model of giving – Venture Philanthropy. SVP leverages the collective expertise, creativity, time, and financial resources of its members and their networks to develop and support promising social initiatives and nonprofits. In addition, SVP fosters a community of socially conscious and well-informed donors through engagement with investees, collaboration with other SVP partners, and participation in educational events.
SVP holds an annual contest (SEED20) whereby social entrepreneurs in the Charlotte region compete for cash awards to fuel their nonprofit organizations.
Congrats to last evening’s 2014 SEED20 winners who include:
- Grand Prize ($20,000) – PlateShare
- 2nd Place ($10,000) – Make It Work
- 3rd Place ($7,500) – Camp Blue Skies
- Coaches’ Award ($5,000) – Youth Development Initiatives
- People’s Choice Award ($2,500) – Camp Blue Skies
Watch videos from last night’s SEED20 here.